If you have questions about our software, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Phone: 1-844-bovisync (844.268.4796)
- Oct 25, 2019
Senior Software Engineer
BoviSync is a fast-growing employee-owned dairy herd management software company. We offer the easiest to use and most powerful software for dairy businesses to record and monitor data related to their cows. As we continue to grow, we are looking to add an experienced Back-End Software Engineer to our development team. This is a senior level role that will be responsible for optimization of systems supporting BoviSync’s existing web application, as well as contributing to continuous integration and deployment tooling.
Our team is partially remote, and this position offers the ability to work from home most of the time. You will need to be in our Fond Du Lac, WI office 1-2 days a week. This position will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
- Work closely with CTO and back-end engineers to optimize application and infrastructure as required for increasing customer base.
- Maintain and improve continuous deployment tooling, monitoring systems and infrastructure as code to support application reliability and developer productivity.
- Implement new developer tools or deployment technologies to support business requirements.
- Manage provisioning, maintenance, and migrations on production databases.
- Willingly share knowledge and contribute to continuous improvement of engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Keep current with technology and developments within software profession.
- 40% Application development (query optimization, caching systems, code organization).
- 25% DevOps (CI/CD, infrastructure provisioning, development environments and processes).
- 20% DBA (data migrations, replication, database software updates, etc).
- 15% Instrumentation and monitoring.
- Bachelors or higher degree in software related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience developing or supporting cloud applications.
- 3+ years of experience working with a relational database: (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment of web applications.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- You must be comfortable using various technologies to communicate with the team, including video conferencing.
- 5+ years overall software development experience.
- Familiarity with DevOps, Linux, and server management.
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure on AWS.
- Experience maintaining production databases using open source RDBMS.
- Knowledge of full-stack software development.
- Experience using and contributing to open source projects.
How to Apply:
Compensation is competitive, including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement, paid-time-off and stock ownership options. We love open source at BoviSync and will support you in contributing to the open source tools we use. All of us at BoviSync are excited about what we are doing and want the right people to work with. We cannot sponsor visa applicants at this time, so you must be able to work legally in the United States.