If you have questions about our software, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Phone: 1-844-bovisync (844.268.4796)
- Jul 01, 2020
Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer
BoviSync is a fast-growing employee-owned dairy herd management software company. We offer the easiest to use and most powerful software for dairy businesses to record and monitor data related to their cows. As we continue to grow, we are looking to add an experienced Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer to our development team. This is a senior level role that will be responsible for continuous integration, deployment and optimization of BoviSync’s existing web application. We understand the importance of providing an environment that enables you to do your best technical work. To help achieve this, each member of our team chooses how they dedicate two full days each month to self-learning and implementing their ideas for improving our developer experience (tooling, documentation, technical debt, etc.)
Our Engineering team works remotely and occasional travel to our Fond Du Lac, WI office maybe necessary in the future (less than 5%). While work will be nearly 100% remote, it is preferred this person be located in the Wisconsin area to make occasional in-person meetings. Applicants must reside within the US. This position will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
- Maintain and improve infrastructure as code using Terraform, Ansible, Docker
- Manage continuous deployment and system observability tooling
- Implement new developer tools or deployment technologies to support the development team.
- Manage provisioning, maintenance, and migrations on production PostgreSQL and Redis databases.
- Work closely with CTO and back-end engineers to optimize application and infrastructure as required for increasing customer base.
- Willingly share knowledge and contribute to continuous improvement of engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
Allocation (Over time the infrastructure component will likely increase with application development decreasing):
- 25% Infrastructure and DevOps development.
- 25% DBA (data migrations, replication, database software updates, etc).
- 15% Instrumentation and monitoring.
- 35% Application development (instrumentation, query optimization, caching, deployment optimization).
- Bachelors or higher degree in software related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience developing or supporting cloud applications.
- 3+ years of experience working with a relational database: (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment of web applications.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- You must be comfortable using various technologies to communicate with the team, including video conferencing.
- 5+ years overall software development experience.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles, Linux, and server management.
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure on AWS.
- Knowledge of full-stack software development.
- Experience using and contributing to open source projects.
How to Apply:
Compensation is competitive, including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement, paid-time-off and stock ownership options. We love open source at BoviSync and will support you in contributing to the open source tools we use. All of us at BoviSync are excited about what we are doing and want the right people to work with. We cannot sponsor visa applicants at this time, so you must be able to work legally in the United States.
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Apr 16, 2020
Jun 15, 2020
Mar 19, 2019
Oct 21, 2019